Issue 45, 1st June 2017

Ah yes, so the new studio is with Bow Arts at the Rum Factory in Wapping. It doesn't have the fantastic views of the Big Wheel or 'Big Ben', but at least I have a window - luckier than most - even if they don't open and the walls, a metre thick, keep the sun at bay. I haven't been in much; the Royal College of Art in Battersea has kept me busy and I graduate with an MA in Print at the end of this month.
The degree show runs from 24th June to 2nd July: www.rca.ac.uk/news-and-events/events/show-2017/
The work I'm showing is a visual reflection of my dissertation, Sausage, Dogs & Schadenfreude (Don't Lose Your Head), a romp through history touching upon various human proclivities. It even contemplates contemporary political issues. Come and see it! I think I rather alarmed the tutors and technicians when I announced I'd be making over 400 individual etchings, and I've spent since Easter printing them. I have been the first person staff and students see when they arrive at the college, and often the last.
Not just etchings. An installation in bronze, a 6:36 minute moving image work, a 53:24 minute sound piece and a performance for the Private View (23rd June).
The Lie of the Land website, almost 20 years old now, might be laid out to pasture soon. It's had a good innings and will be replaced by something more handsonable: www.karlpeterpenke.com
x


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home